Chicken is baked with feta, fresh tomatoes, garlic, and wine. It’s creamy, cheesy, and packed with flavor. Make this extremely easy low carb dinner in less than 30 minutes. Top with fresh basil and enjoy.Jump to Recipe
If you’re looking for a new go to dinner you can make in very little time, this is it. This recipe is all about building flavor one layer at a time. The garlic, wine, and tomatoes are cooked down with the chicken and then it’s topped with feta and baked until cooked through. This is the best chicken feta recipe. It's easy and quick!
- About The Baked Feta Chicken
- Is This Baked Feta Chicken Similar to The TikTok Feta Pasta?
- The Ingredients For Baked Feta Chicken
- Tomatoes Are In Season In The Summer
- How Baked Feta Chicken Is Made
- What To Serve with Baked Feta Chicken
- Storing the Baked Feta Chicken
- For More Easy Chicken Recipes Try These!
- The Best Feta Baked Chicken
About The Baked Feta Chicken
- This recipe is easy to make and low carb
- All you need is an oven friendly skillet and a cutting board. Spend less time in the kitchen doing dishes and more time enjoying dinner with your family with this recipe.
- Season the chicken with your favorite seasoning blend, we used creole seasoning because we love the flavor and the amount of heat it provides but feel free to use something else you have on hand.
- The cooking process starts on the stove and then the chicken is finished in the oven.
Is This Baked Feta Chicken Similar to The TikTok Feta Pasta?
This baked feta chicken is very similar to the tiktok feta pasta. However, there are many differences. First off, there’s not pasta in the baked feta chicken recipe. However, you could add pasta if you wanted to, it’s just not necessary. Making the feta pasta with chicken would be so good so if you have pasta on hand, consider using it.
We also use crumbled feta cheese instead of a full block. Finally, this starts on the stove and ends in the oven. The cheese doesn’t melt completely like it does in the pasta recipe, creating a sauce. Instead, the cheese softens nicely over the chicken.
The flavors however, are very similar. Both use cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and feta. We add white wine and garlic to enhance the flavor even more. The famous tiktok pasta inspired me when making this but instead of just duplicating the recipe and adding chicken, I wanted something that made the chicken the star of the dish.
The Ingredients For Baked Feta Chicken
The ingredients to make easy feta chicken are very simple. Only 8 ingredients total are used to make the chicken recipe and I would say you probably have most of them in your pantry.
- Chicken - use 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Creole Seasoning - used to season the chicken, however, if you prefer to use another seasoning to season your chicken, feel free to do so
- Olive Oil - choose a good brand for the best flavor, if you don’t have this on hand you can use canola or vegetable oil but it won’t taste quite as good
- Garlic - use fresh for the best flavor and make sure it’s minced
- White Wine - go for a sauvignon, blanc, or chardonnay. Wine can be substituted with chicken broth
- Grape Tomatoes - sliced in half
- Feta Cheese - use crumbled for this recipe
- Basil - fresh, julienned
Tomatoes Are In Season In The Summer
We are all about using fresh seasonal ingredients. When you cook with ingredients that are in season, they are more fresh, nutritious, and just taste WAY better. Tomatoes are a perfect example of a veggie you should be eating this summer. They’re bigger, juicier, and more flavorful right now.
Don't feel like you must use grape tomatoes in this recipe, consider the following types:
- Standard Globe
Try using multi colored tomatoes in this recipe for added color!
How Baked Feta Chicken Is Made
Step 1: Start by preheating your oven to 350. Season the chicken breasts with creole seasoning or what ever chicken seasoning you have on hand and like to use. Make sure to coat both sides with the seasoning. Set aside.
Step 2: In a large cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the olive oil is heated, add the garlic and cook just until fragrant. This step should only take a few seconds. Add the seasoned chicken breasts to the pan and cook until browned, flip and cook the other side until it’s browned. This should only take 3-5 minutes. Keep in mind the chicken will not be completely cooked at this point and that’s okay.
Step 3: Deglaze the pan with white wine. Let simmer for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add grape tomatoes and top the chicken with feta cheese. Place the cast iron skillet in the oven for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve warm and top with fresh basil or other fresh herbs such as savory, tarragon, or thyme.
What To Serve with Baked Feta Chicken
Don’t serve the feta chicken bake by itself, make it a meal by adding the following. Consider also meal prepping the feta chicken breast and serving it for lunch. Any of these sides will accompany the chicken great. Get creative and use what you have on hand.
Pasta: try penne, bow ties, or cavatappi. Use extra feta and pasta water to whisk the drippings that are in the baking dish to make a sauce. Season the pasta with the sauce. There you have it, baked feta chicken pasta.
Sautéed Asparagus: season with salt, pepper, and fresh garlic. Pan fry or bake in the oven.
Caesar Salad: or any salad
Roasted Vegetables: place in the oven to cook while your chicken is cooking. Use potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, or whatever else is in season while you’re making this.
Storing the Baked Feta Chicken
The baked feta chicken can be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to a week. Let the baked feta chicken cool before storing to reduce the possibility of condensation build up.
To reheat in the microwave, cook for increments of 30 seconds. Repeat until the chicken is warmed through completely. To reheat in the oven, preheat to 350 degrees. Place on a baking sheet and heat for 10 minutes or until warmed through completely.
For More Easy Chicken Recipes Try These!
The Best Feta Baked Chicken
- 1 lb chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 10 oz grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Handful of basil sliced into ribbons
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cover both sides of each chicken breast with the creole seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once heated, add the garlic and cook for until fragrant (15 seconds). Add the chicken breasts and cook until browned 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for an additional 3-5 minutes until that side is browned as well.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine. Add grape tomatoes and top the chicken with feta cheese. Place the cast iron skillet in the oven for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.